The main things you can do to save money on your heating bills are..
- Investigate switching to a new energy provider. Go on a comparison website and check you are getting the best possible deal for your energy usage.
- Understand your heating system and it’s controls. We always show customers how to use less energy and can offer our advise as to how to use your system most effectively.
- Turn your thermostat down. Turning your thermostat down by just 1°C could save you £75 per year without you noticing a difference.
- Keep furniture away from your radiators. The foam in upholstered furniture is a very effective heat insulator and prevents it getting in your room.
- Check the insulation in your roof. Around 25% of heat rises and escapes a typical uninsulated loft.
- Avoid drying clothes on your radiators. This lowers the quantity of heat released by the radiators, meaning the boiler has to run for longer to achieve the same room temperature thereby using more fuel overall.